Dust, dust, dust. Gross, gross, gross.
Spring has sprung and with it a whole host of dust, dirt, soiling, and mayhem. Many home supply stores offer carpet and upholstery cleaners for rental. However, these machines aren’t frequently cleaned or sanitized, could harbor harmful bacteria, and typically don’t work well.
Conventional methods of cleaning only scratch the service. It’s time to experience the difference that a SERVPRO clean can make in your life. Our highly trained professionals are well versed in all levels when it comes to soiling on carpets, drapes, and upholstery.
Carpets act as a filter, trapping dust, dirt, gases, animal hair, and other soils. All carpet manufacturers agree on actions you can take between carpet cleanings to increase the life span of your carpet. 79% of the soil in carpet is dry soil. Vacuuming is a key component to proper care and maintenance of carpet.
Preventative maintenance actions include:
- Regular vacuuming – as well as checking and changing the filter on your vacuum
- Spot removal – this can include dropped food or drinks, or pet stains
- Using rugs to limit the amount of soil tracked onto the carpet from the outside
“But it doesn’t look that bad.”
The best advice is to clean carpets before they become totally saturated with soil. If you wait until carpets look dirty, the carpets may never be restored to their former appearance. Dirt builds up in layers, and when a carpet looks dirty you are only seeing the dirt at the tips of the fibers. More dirt is hiding below the surface down near the base of the pile, causing damage to the carpet. When a carpet is saturated with dirt, the soil has penetrated crevices and has become firmly lodged.
Our professional cleaning can address moderate and heavy soil conditions in your carpets. How often you’ll need professional cleaning depends on soil build-up, the amount of traffic you experience, and the type and color of carpeting. A good rule of thumb would be to professionally clean your carpet every 12 months.
- Bonnet Cleaning: A less aggressive method for short piled carpets.
- Hot Water Extraction: A deeper cleaning method for all carpet types.
- Deluxe Precondition and Rinse: Helps restore deeply soiled areas.
- Showcase Premier Cleaning: The most thorough cleaning method in the industry.
- Dry Cleaning: When color-fastness is an issue.
In need of a good deep cleaning? Contact SERVPRO of Jacksonville Beach/Ponte Vedra today to get started, as nobody should live with dust, mold, and soil buildup.