Cleaning Up After a Fire- The Right Way
Need an estimate for fire damage? Call SERVPRO of Jacksonville Beach/Ponte Vedra at (904) 246-6118.
Inspection and Pretesting
The SERVPRO of Jacksonville Beach/Ponte Vedra Professional pretests from the type of cleaning that will be appropriate for your type of fire damage, while inspecting the property to determine the extent of fire damage and the scope of cleaning needed, restoration, and repairs.
- The full extent of the smoke and fire damage. How many materials are affected by smoke or fire? What is the proper method for cleaning? Will your personal belongings need to be relocated while your house is restored? These are just a few of the decisions that must be made to get your property back "Like it never even happened."
- Unaffected areas - It can be vital to protect areas that were not affected by soot and odor before the damage spreads to these areas. It will save you money, and will also protect your valuables from secondary damage.
- What materials can be restored and what materials must be replaced. Are the smoke residues cleanable? Who is completing the inventory of items that are damaged beyond repair? Fire damage pretesting is vital. A complete inventory is invaluable! How long will the cleanup take? We'll let you know what to expect.
- The most effective cleaning methods. What procedures will restore the damaged materials?
Pretesting also allows the SERVPRO of Jacksonville Beach/Ponte Vedra Professional to focus on saving precious items or keepsakes on your behalf.
Once the fire damage mitigation begins, the Franchise Professional will keep you informed and answer your questions, all while working to help make the fire damage “Like it never even happened.”
Acting Quickly After a Disaster
When a disaster strikes, it is imperative to respond quickly in order to prevent further damages and complications. Fires, Mold infestations, and Floods from broken pipes overflow or heavy storms – all such disasters must be dealt with in a timely manner. If not handled immediately you could experience on or more of these issues:
- If water-damaged structures and contents are not dried out quickly and correctly, potential health risks can develop. Mold can begin to grow within the first 24 to 48 hours after the flood.
- Excessive water can cause: rusting in metals, corrosion in electronic components, cracking, splitting, or warping of furniture items, color bleeding or transfer in fabrics, furniture stains, and secondary damage to upholstery, drapery, clothing, wallpaper, photos, and papers.
- Fire or smoke damaged properties can also experience irreversible damage, regardless of the size of the fire. Soot residue is highly acidic and can pit or corrode the metal in doorknobs, plumbing fixtures, light fixtures, etc. It can also etch glass in windows, mirrors, and cabinets, causing them to look soiled and cloudy. Moreover, plastics, appliances, fabrics, and vinyl windows can become discolored.
- The safety and security of your home can be compromised. Windows and doors may become weak and function improperly, wet materials may collapse and electrical installations and components can be a health hazard when they come in contact with water. Slips and falls are also potential dangers.
If you’re not sure how to act after experiencing water, fire, or mold problems in your home or business, contact SERVPRO of Jacksonville Beach/Ponte Vedra at 904-246-6118. We have a team of restoration professionals ready 24/7/365 to help you.
Check out our Facebook page, and like us to get additional information and storm tips.
IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration) Certified Firm
Contact the IICRC's local leader in cleaning and restoration, 904-246-6118.
The IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification) is a certification and standard-setting non-profit organization for the inspection, cleaning and restoration industries.
Originally founded in 1972, the IICRC is recognized internationally as a knowledgeable industry voice and resource. There are currently more than 54,000 active certified technicians many with multiple certifications and nearly 6,000 Certified Firms around the world.
Not only is SERVPRO of Jacksonville Beach/Ponte Vedra an IICRC Certified Firm, but each one of our technicians, our marketing team, our owners, and our office staff are all individually certified. That way you know when you call us at 904-246-6118 or talk to one of our team members out in the field, that the person you are speaking with is knowledgeable in our industry. Education is important to our organization, and passing that knowledge on to you is the first step to making it "Like it never even happened."
New Year, New Beginnings
Each new year brings the opportunity for new beginnings! Make 2019 the year you resolve to be READY. SERVPRO of Jacksonville Beach/Ponte Vedra wants to help ensure you enjoy a safe and happy new year by helping you be prepared for anything the year may have in store.
Did you know, up to 50 percent of businesses that suffer a disaster may never reopen? Of the businesses that do survive a disaster, the overwhelming majority had an emergency preparedness plan in place. Let SERVPRO help you build an emergency preparedness plan for your property.
Make your resolution one that helps protect your business. Call SERVPRO of The Beaches/ Ponte Vedra today at 904-246-6118 to learn how we can get you "Ready for whatever happens" in the new year.
Protecting Your Property During Cold Weather
Cold weather can wreak havoc on your home and business if you're not properly prepared. To help prevent weather-related damages, consider taking the following precautions before winter weather hits.
- Check your property for downed tree limbs and branches. Weather like heavy wind and rain can cause branches to fall.
- Roofs, water pipes, and gutters should all be inspected to ensure they are in proper order. Gutter downspouts should be directed away from your building/ home, and leaves should be cleared away.
- Clean chimneys and exhaust systems to ensure they are free of debris.
- Test gas lines if they have been dormant to ensure they are in good working order with no leaks.
- Inspect your property, especially walkways and parking lots, for proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
- Make sure all exterior doors and windows have weather stripping.
Call SERVPRO of Jacksonville Beach/Ponte Vedra at 904-246-6118 if your home or business has suffered damage due to winter weather.
Real Value, Packaged in Green
SERVPRO of Jacksonville Beach/Ponte Vedra provides consistent service and reliable information.
Whether you operate a single facility or hundreds of commercial properties nationwide, a fire or water damage requires prompt action to reduce loss and costly downtime. Who can you trust to provide dependable services and information?
SERVPRO of The Beaches/Ponte Vedra technicians respond quickly, providing a full line of cleaning and mitigation services to help ensure a faster recovery. The Beaches team utilizes technology designed specifically to provide you and your insurance company with quick, dependable information necessary to make more informed decisions faster, saving both time and money.
Call SERVPRO of Jacksonville Beach/Ponte Vedra today at 904-246-6118 for a quote on mitigating mold, water damage, fire damage, or cleaning for your commercial property.
Click HERE for a full list of our commercial services.
Winter Heating Hazards
The winter season is finally here in Florida, and with it comes shorter days and lower temperatures. In an effort to keep our homes and workplaces cozy, many of us use alternative heat sources like fireplaces, portable space heaters, and wood-burning stoves. Did you know heating equipment is the number 1 cause of home fire deaths? According to the National Fire Protection Association, heating equipment fires cause an estimated $1 billion in direct property damage annually. Keep the following safety tips in mind to help reduce your risk of a heating-related fire.
- Keep anything flammable at least 3 feet away from heating equipment, like a furnace, fireplace, wood stove, or a portable space heater. Have a "kid-free zone" around space heaters.
- Make sure the fireplace has a sturdy screen to stop sparks.
- Remember to turn portable heaters off before leaving the room, or going to bed.
- Always use the right kind of fuel.
- Have heating equipment and chimneys inspected every year.
- Test smoke alarms monthly.
In the unfortunate event that your property suffers fire damage, contact SERVPRO of Jacksonville Beach/Ponte Vedra at 904-246-6118.
When Fire and Water Take Control, We Help Take it Back
Our Beaches Storm Team responding to Hurricane Florence Storm Damage, helping the homeowners of other SERVPRO franchises no matter where they are.
Our number one goal is returning damaged areas and items to preloss condition, doing all we can to make it "Like it never even happened." SERVPRO of Jacksonville Beach/Ponte Vedra is dedicated to restoring both the property and the lives of our customers in Jacksonville Beach.
Like it never caught fire, was never dirty, like it never overflowed, like it never spilled, whatever the case our goal is to make it "Like it never even happened."
You Can Trust SERVPRO
Our family has been helping homeowners in Northeast Florida since 1981. There are now over 1700 franchises just like us, Nationwide. More locations mean a faster response. We can be on-site in most cases in under 1.5 hours.
24 Hour Emergency Service
In our business, you need us fast. The sooner SERVPRO of Jacksonville Beach/Ponte Vedra arrives, the better chance we can reduce the damage, and prevent secondary damage from occurring. The Ponte Vedra Team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
The Science of Drying
Did you know that there is a science behind the drying process?
Having the knowledge of physics metrics is essential to restoring a water damaged structure to its preloss condition. While your initial reaction may be to run for the towels and grab a few fans. SERVPRO of Jacksonville Beach/Ponte Vedra Professionals are trained in the science of drying and follow strict industry-approved standards. If your business suffers from water damage, our beaches SERVPRO Professionals will:
Inspect the building to detect every component that is wet, to help prevent secondary damage from happening.
Measure how much moisture is in the wet materials and monitor whether the materials are drying properly.
Speed up mother nature by using professional drying equipment. A wet building will always seek equilibrium and try to dry naturally. When materials are wet moisture will naturally move to drier air. The problem is nature takes too long and secondary damage like mold can occur while you are waiting for your professional building to dry. We use state of the art monitoring equipment and a proven drying process to speed up the drying time in your business.
Fire Safety Tips for Your Commercial Business
Although an emergency escape plan is not required for all businesses under the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), it recommends your building have an emergency action plan to protect yourself, employees, and your business during an emergency situation. OSHA suggests the following steps when developing such a plan.
Organize emergency preparedness procedures and share them with your employees.
Once a plan is developed, post evacuation procedures, including routes and exits, where they are easily accessible to all employees. Ensure that all exits are marked and well lit, wide enough to accommodate the number of evacuating personnel, and unobstructed and clear of debris at all times.
Conduct office evacuation exercises and drills. Designate a safe spot outside of the facility where employees can regroup, recover, and conduct a headcount. Once completed, evaluate how well the plan worked. You may need to make improvements.