Bio-Hazard Tips for Jacksonville Beach Homes and Businesses
For 35 years SERPVRO of The Beaches/Ponte Vedra has helped Jacksonville Beach and Ponte Vedra home owners and businesses with fire, smoke and water damage clean up. Did you know that SERVPRO of The Beaches/Ponte Vedra professionals are trained and certified in Bio-Hazard clean up? Here are some helpful tips on what to do until help arrives if you experience crime scene, vandalism or bio-hazard damage in your home or business.
· Hose or wash egg damage from your building exterior as soon as possible
· Vacuum glass particles from carpets
· Save containers which reveal the ingredients of spilled inks, cosmetics and paints
· Don’t attempt to remove ink, paint or cosmetic stains
· Operate damage lamps or appliances
· Discard furniture wood chips, broken pieces from porcelain, furniture or art objects
(Sewage, bloodborne pathogens, etc.)
· Stay out of affected areas
· Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening
· Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
· Attempt cleanup of any kind
· Touch or handle items that might be contaminated with bodily fluids
These Emergency Tips will assist you in taking the proper actions until SERVPRO of The Beaches/Ponte Vedra professionals arrive to your home or business.
Please follow these Dos and DON’Ts to help reduce damage and increase the chances of a successful restoration. Call SERVPRO of The Beaches/Ponte Vedra at 904-246-6118 for assistance with any Bio-Hazard cleanup. We are available 24/7/365 to serve all Jacksonville Beach and Ponte Vedra residents and businesses.